With coronavirus cases spreading in India, just one sneeze or cough is enough to send chills down your spine and even for others. It is essential to understand that self-care during this time is a must to ensure no germs are spread to others even in case of regular ﬂu or cold. These are some essential tips that you must follow to quarantine your home.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue; immediately throw tissues in garbage; wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; if that's not available, clean with hand sanitiser that has at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid sharing household items, including drinking cups, eating utensils, towels or even bedding. Wash these items thoroughly after using.
- Clean high-touch surfaces daily using a household cleaner or wipe. These include: counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom ﬁ xtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and bedside tables.
- Clean any surfaces that may be contaminated with blood, stool or any bodily ﬂuids.
- Shared spaces in the home should have good airﬂ ow — use an air conditioner or open windows.
- If you live in a house with a self-isolation case, immediately contact a doctor if others experience any symptoms. Also, one should wear a mask if around any possible patient.